Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time for Chemo

Psalm 86:1-2 Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you.

Today I go for my second chemo treatment. I am praying so hard that I don't get so sick as last time with the nausea and vomiting. I am going to ask the dr. to change my anti-nausea medicine. I took an anti-nausea med last night to get something in my body already. I hear that many ladies do that (from my online support group). My wonderful sister came yesterday evening to be with me today and however many days I might need her. My friend, Heather, is coming to visit me in the chemo room so that will be fun. Keeping things normal for my kids is the hard part. Christopher has tennis lessons today so my neighbor is taking him , then my husband will pick him up and take him to lunch then bring him to me to the chemo room so that we can take him home. Brandon has his first golf tournament tomorrow here in town so Larry will take him there and my friend, Marnie , will pick him up and bring him home. Sure is nice to have friends willing to help with the kids.

Well, I'm starting to see some advantages to being bald. Yes, there are some. One thing, it doesn't take long to get ready anymore for there isn't much to do with my hair except to throw the wig on or a headcovering. lol. It used to take me a long time for I would wash my hair an hour or more before going anywhere so it could partially dry and then I would blowdry it, curl it, and fix it. I can now just put away the blow dryer and curling iron and even the brushes. I don't need those things to clutter my drawers anymore. lol. Yesterday, some dogs came into our yard and they had tags on so I called the owners. The lady came and Brandon, (bless his heart) told me to hurry and put my wig on. I was wearing a bright pink turban thing. He was embarrassed for me but I said, no, I was going to wear what I had on. I don't mind wearing headcoverings around some people. I did wear my wig yesterday when I went into town to get blood drawn and go into Walmart. I was nervous about it for fear that people could tell it was a wig. A nurse friend saw me and said "I like your haircut!". Wow, guess she didn't know. That made me feel better. I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear to chemo treatment today but decided that I would wear my wig. Well, please pray for me today as I have chemo that the side effects won't be so bad. Love you all......

Psalm 55:22 Cast all your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.

No comments: