Tuesday, June 30, 2009

chemo day

Isaiah 46:4 I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you!!!!

I kept this verse in my mind all day. I didn't want to go but knew I needed to so off we went. I was there for about 5 hours--doctor was late coming in so sat in the examing room for one hour!!! There were no problems with giving me the chemo and all the pre-chemo meds (anti-nausea, decadron, and benadryl) I came home sleepy and a slight headache so laid down and took a nap. I have been sick twice so far but feeling some better now. Am chewing on ice chips.

I received a neat gift today from Iraq!!! One of Larry's co-worker, Kevin, who I know is over in Iraq. He walked in a Relay for Life that they had over there and he walked in my name and received donations in my name !!!! How cool and how sweet. He sent me a t-shirt from the relay of Life which fits me perfectly. I saw the temps that they were having over there the other day so I hope he did his walk at night or early am. It was very hot there!!!

All my labwork looked good which is nice to know. I go tomorrow to get the Neulasta shot to keep me from having the white blood cell count go down too low. I am hoping I will feel better tomorrow like last time. Thanks for all of our prayers. Love you......

May the Lord bless you with the riches of His grace with the treasures of His love; with the comfort of His mercies; with the strength of His presence; with the touch of His care. May all that is in God's heart for you meet all the needs that your heart is now facing.

No comments: