Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chemo Day 2

Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Yesterday was day 2 and it was a good day. I had no nausea/vomiting and was able to eat small amounts. I was a little tired, probably from lack of sleep the night before. I went to the chemo room to have my neulasta shot which is to boost my white blood counts so that it won't go so low like last time. I called my insurance to be sure they would pay for it for it's very, very expensive. Luckily, they said yes and I'm up to where they pay 100% of everything now. Praise God!! After I received the shot, my sister and I went to a wig shop for I really do not care for the wigs I already have. They were so helpful and she said that insurance may pay for the wig as a prosthetic so I will call today for I found a wig I like but it costs $256. If insurance doesn't pay, I will continue to look online for a wig that is cheaper but at least I learned alot about wigs from the lady at the wig shop. My sister left at 4 pm for I was doing so well. I started to fall alseep around 6 pm because I was so tired but I did eat a little dinner around 8 pm then back to sleep. lol. During the night I woke up and realize that I am experiencing some bone pain from the shot. It feels so sore and if my shoulder is touched or even my face, ouch, it is tender. I am taking Tylenol for it so it could be worse if I wasn't taking the meds. I'm also feel pretty fatigued today. I heard that sometimes the 3rd day could be the worse. I had forgotten about that until this morning. My sweet neighbor took Christopher to tennis lessons and my dear hubby is going to pick him up, go to the grocery store, then come home and take care of me. His work is so good to let him off whenever he needs to help me out. Praise God for a good boss. I am tired so going to sign off. Thanks for your continual prayers. You will all be blessed!!! Love you.....

Psalm 68:19-20 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death.

No comments: