Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hair

I Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gently and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Well, it's day 16 and my hair is finally showing signs of coming out. My cats and I are having a hair shedding contest and at the moment, they are winning. Good for them. lol. My hair is not coming out in clumps like some say it does, at least not yet. It's just like 10 hairs at a time but not in a clump. And it's shedding more at the bottom part of my hair. My scalp gets a little itchy but not bad. I'm not sad about it yet...in fact, it's kind of funny to see it come out. I think I've thought about it so much that I have desensitized myself to the fact so not as bad as I expected. Today I finally got my wigs styled--3 wigs. The lady who did it volunteers her time to do this so it was free for me. How sweet of her....She did a great job--cut some off on one wig. I need to buy wig stands--right now they are sitting on shoe boxes with the boxes standing on it's side. I don't know where to store these wigs. lol. I am hoping my cats won't be too curious---need to find a place on the closet shelf so they won't get into the wigs. lol. I had my coumadin level drawn today. It was normal but a little on the high end (which means my blood is thinner than it needs to be) so they lowered my dose a tad bit. I will get more blood drawn on Monday and I also get my blood counts done at the cancer center--all in the same building. I was looking at verses in the Bible on hair. The one I will write at the end says that God knows the number of hairs on our heads and He knows right now how many of my hairs are falling out. How amazing and you think sometimes, who would bother with such details but God is an awesome God and He cares everything about us. Isn't He great? Love you all....you are such a blessing to me.

Magtthew 10:30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

1 comment:

KK said...

Attitude can make or break you....for you it is your wings and you keep flying! I lift you in prayer whenever I see or hear your name. Praising God with you as soar through this journey.
Blessings,
KK