Saturday, June 6, 2009

Relay for Life

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounced by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out of us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Yesterday evening, my husband and I took our son to a tennis social then we went out to eat. We had nothing to do afterwards so was driving around town when I suddenly remembered that the relay for life was going on. So, we went there and it was just starting when we arrived. We watched the cancer survivors walk a lap around the track. I want to be there next year as a survivor walking around the track. Then they had 3 cancer survivor speakers. They all inspired me and touched me such an awesome way. I want to be like them, battling this cancer and being happy at the same time. The first 2 speakers are both terminal and what a great spirit they had--both young and with young children. I am so fortunate in knowing that I am not terminal and when this battle is over, I will continue to see my kids grow up. How thankful I am to God and because of this, I need to be a happier person and a more thankful person. I need to run this race with my eyes continually on Jesus. Yes, there are bumps in the road, but Jesus is there to pick me up and carry me over those bumps or yet, move those bumps out of the way. He is there for all of us for we are all running a race in life and we need not to give up but keep our eyes on Jesus. While at the relay for life, we ran into some people we know. Some are people on teams running/walking to raise money for cancer. Another person was someone my husband knew in high school. He just saw him last weekend and found out that his wife had breast cancer too. So, we met his wife and talked some about how to take care of mouth sores ( I have one that is bothering me). Then up walked up a doctor that I had been recommended to go to. She knew the couple we were talking to so I told her that I wanted to go to her but she said she's no longer taking new patients but she would take me. Yea!!!!! I need a primary care doctor and she's a family practice doctor. I've had some problems lately with my gyn so no longer want to go to him. How neat that God brought us together at the Relay for Life. You are probably wondering what's going on with my hair. It's still there but thinning out. I'm just ready to shave it yet. It's so thick so taking it's time to really come out. Alot of it comes out in the shower and as long as I don't pull on it, then it's okay. I'm sure I will have it shaved soon. Thanks to all who are reading this and who are encouraging me through this time in my life. You are all great!!!! Love you.....

Proverbs 4:11-12 I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

No comments: