Monday, June 29, 2009

Dsy before Chemo

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.

Tomorrow I will be taking treatment #3--only 5 after that!! I have been dreading it but I do realize that this is just something I have to go through so I might as well face it with a good attitude. It's just a "giant" in my life but instead of seeing it as a giant, I need to just see God!! He will get me through this as He has the other 2 treatments. I went to get my blood drawn today and the lab tech said that she liked my hair. She, of course, knows it's a wig (my onocologist has his own lab tech so she is the one who always draws my blood). She said that many women come in with wigs. I did laundry today and some other house cleaning since I know I won't feel like if for a few days. I seem to tire out more easily--thought it might just be the heat or lack of sleep, but i'm not sure about that. I hope my red blood counts are okay. A low red blood count can make you feel tired. I'll find out tomorrow. I go see the dr. at 8:20 am so will probably go to the chemo room around 9 am. Larry will take me but has to run into work for a while but not too long. Just keep me in your prayers on Tuesday as I go through chemo and the rest of the week. I am really wanting to go to my mom's for 4th of July so hoping I will feel well by Friday evening. Thanks for your prayers and love.

God gave us challenges in life, just so we'd come to know how good it feels to overcome...to learn and change and grow.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I am praying for you and Larry. Recently you posted that he wasn't feeling well ... is he better? Thank you God for Kelly's positive attitude and her ability to go to her mother's for the holiday and the strength to enjoy.