Monday, April 27, 2009

Appointments scheduled

Hebrews 12:12-13 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Looks like I'll be busy for a couple of weeks with appointments, etc. I will be seeing the radiation dr. this Thursday at 9 am. On May 4, I will have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis plus a bone scan. I will be there all morning for I will be injected with a dye for one of the scans at 9 am then I have the CT scans at 10:30 then the bone scan at noon. Can't even eat breakfast due to the CT scan. Hope they let me eat something before the bone scan. :) Then the surgeon wants to put in the port on a Monday but I haven't heard yet when the date is for sure--they were waiting to hear from the operating room. I'm guessing he wants to do it May 11 but not sure. Then I see the chemo dr. on May 15. I hope to start chemo soon after but I'm not sure what else has to be done......
I tried to shave under my left arm today (hasn't been done since surgery) but due to the numbness, I couldn't feel anything nor could I see well so was scared to shave in fear of cutting myself. lol I guess I need an electric razor or something. Felt so weird.
I really felt pretty good today. I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, straightened up the kitchen area (was messy with stacks of papers, etc), graded school papers, etc. Then I went to a homeschool mom's tea which was enjoyable. The speaker was great and really spoke to me--about knowing God and glorifying Him. This is a time where I am drawing so much closer to God and I hope I can glorify Him through this journey through cancer. It is a journey that God is taking me on and He will walk with me every step of the way. In fact, I'm sure He will have to carry me on part of this journey when it gets tough but I'm letting Him take my hand and lead me down the path. He has been there for me on each part of the journey so far and He promises never to leave me. I will trust Him for I know He loves me and I love Him.

Hebrews 13:5.....Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.

No comments: