Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Surgery scheduled

Psalm 3:5-6 I lie down to sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands (my cancer) drawn up against me on every side.

Well, the dr. didn't get the date he wanted to insert the port for they were full. My day surgery date for port insertion is now May 7. I had a nice discussion with the surgeon's nurse about the chemo dr. She assured me that he's pretty good. I will have a busy week next week!!! I got to take off the steri-strips off my breast incision this morning. Ah, I was so ready for those strips to come off for they were dirty with blue dye stain, betadine stain plus just dirty. I had been given adhesive tape removal pads so now all is looking clean. However, some of my skin came off with the steri-strips--ouch--so it stings a tad. The incision looks pretty good for an incision!! lol Today as I was showering, I got to thinking how long it takes to wash, condition, and dry my long hair. But soon, I will be bald and my showering will go by so much faster!! lol. Won't have to blow dry and curl my hair. Hey, you have to look at the bright side of things, right? I can't imagine myself bald....I have ugly ears that stick out. lol. I used to walk 2 miles about 4-5 times a week which I've not done in awhile but today I decided it was time to get back to walking. My youngest son went with me---we just walked to the mailbox and back which is about a mile. It felt so good to walk even though it hurt due to the skin abrasion I think from the steri-strips. Will try for a longer walk tomorrow. My neighbor will be happy for we used to walk together. This will get me ready for chemo for I hear that exercising helps.

II. Corinthians 12:9 My grace is suffcient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.

No comments: