Monday, April 20, 2009

Do not fear......chemo

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

We all have to face unpleasant things whether it's a test, surgery, confronting someone, war, or chemo, etc. We know it needs to be done for in the long run we will benefit but it's still something unpleasant and sometimes it can be something we fear. I have been reading about chemo and the side effects and reading discussion boards where people are giving their advice on how to get through it and how they are doing. When reading, it can be almost frightening and then it becomes something I am dreading. Yesterday, I decided that I am going to quit looking at it as something to dread but something that needs to be done to be sure I can live a long time to enjoy my family and life. Yes, it may be unpleasant but hey, I've been through other unpleasant things so I can get through this too. I's only for a short time; there will be an end to it. I will look at the positive side and even humorous aspects of it too. God will be with me and will help me overcome any unpleasantness I encounter with the chemo.
Today, I am really up and about--doing laundry, cooking, watering my flower beds, etc but I'm trying to rest in between too so I don't overdo. I still have numbness in my arm and chest area. I hope the numbness in the chest area doesn't last too long--feels so weird. I've not had any pain meds today. Larry went back to work--first time since my surgery. I see the surgeon in 2 days and hopefully then I'll at least know when I'm to see the onocologist. I'm ready to get this show on the road!!!

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I am finally able to get to your blog site! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am celebrating your deep faith and all that our LORD is showing you. Hold on to Jesus, for He will never let go of you. Valerie Grant