Friday, April 17, 2009

Why Me

Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise, His greatness no one can fathom.

When we go through trials, we often wonder 'why me'? After I was daignosed with cancer, that thought did enter my mind--"why me, Lord, and why now?" Then I remembered a man preaching once and telling us that during a hard time in his life, he questioned God then God said "Why not you?" Wow---that is powerful.
God never promised us a life full of only good times here on earth (in heaven-yes). We will go through difficult times and he knows exactly what we can bear. I don't know God's reasonings for allowing me to have cancer for He tells us in Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways..as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. " I do know that I can stand firm in my faith, trusting God to carry me through this battle of cancer. In John 9, a man was blind and Jesus said that his blindness was not caused by sin but "that it happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life". Maybe God will use this cancer in a way that is glorifying to Him--a ministry where I can reach others to stand strong in God during rough times. This definitely has drawn me closer to Him. Whatever it is, God has a plan & I am to be willing to be used by Him. I'm not pleased that I have cancer but I can be joyful and still feel blessed for what God is doing in my life. I know He loves me more than I can ever comprehend.


Isaish 12:5 Sing to the Lord for He has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Kelly,
Thanks for blogging. Keep resting in the Lord and know you are loved!! You are encouraging me when I should be the one encouraging you!

Love you,
Stephanie