Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pathology report

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strenght.

The doctor called tonight with the pathology report. He didn't want to wait until tomorrow for he knew he would be quite busy. The report wasn't the greatest but wasn't a surprise either. The internal mammary lymph node is positive for cancer. The axillary lymph nodes are negative which is good. I will be having chemotherapy but I don't know what kind yet. The cancer is at a stage 2. The tumor showed a mixed of atypical medullary(rare) and a ductal type (the common kind). They are sending the speciman to Mayo clinic for a 2nd opinion so they will know for sure how to treat this cancer. He said it is treatable which is wonderful to hear. I will fight this and I know that God will be there right with me. He has a plan for my life and I will stick with Him on this plan. I will admit that today I had a down time--lasted a few moments. Everyone was gone except one son who was in the back room so it was quiet in the house and I was resting. My mind started wandering and the thoughts of 'what if I die soon' came to mind. My kids are still at home and I want to see them grow up, etc. It made me quite sad and teary eyed then I started to think of scriptures to get those kind of thoughts out of my mind. I am doing okay now and know that I will live for a long, long time. God will heal me!!! I believe it!!! It won't be fun to go through the chemo but I can make it through with God beside me. He will give me the strength I will need to endure these coming up days. Keep praying for me.

Philippians 4:8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Just wanted to leave a note here to tell you that Doug and I are praying for you. For healing. For minimal side effects as you go through chemotherapy. For peace, comfort, and joy.
Coach and Mrs. Coach

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Kelly - you've been in our prayers and will continue to be.