Sunday, April 26, 2009

A good day

Psalm 107:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.

Today is Sunday and I'm having a good day. My incisional pain has lessen and there is no more lung pain. What does feel weird is my arm feels like it's raw, like it should be redden from some kind of irritation but when I look at my arm, it looks fine. I think it's the numbness part--the nerve endings? It's like my shirt is bothering it and I'm constantly trying to keep my arm away from the rest of my body. Guess I will have to get use to it or maybe it will lesson in time. Today I have been just praising God and counting my blessings. I have been reading the book that I mentioned yesterday by Jennie, (her story with cancer) and she had a mastectomy and reconstruction. I'm thankful that I did not have to go that route. She didn't have chemo or radiation but I think I would rather have the chemo than what she went through. I am also thankful for my family and friends for they have all been so supportive and encouragingn (love you all) . And I'm really pretty healthy besides this cancer so I'm counting that as a blessing too. And the biggest blessing is having God with me and giving me such peace and faith.

Psalm 107: 8-9 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are felling good today! I am always praying for you as I recall your situation throughout the day. I think a wig party would be great. You are brave and you just hang in there. As "bad" as things may seem...there is always worse. Keep up the positive attitude...You rock girl. Yvonne