Monday, April 13, 2009

Surgery is nearly here

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise His Holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Tomorrow I have surgery--will be a lumpectomy so hopefully it will just be day surgery. I am to be at the hospital at 5:30 am!!! I agree, that is early. We live out in the country so it takes 30 minutes to get to the hospital. Guess I will shower tonight even though I prefer mornings. I have been working so hard cleaning house, doing laundry, watering plants, etc for I know that I won't be able to do these things for a week or so. I am so exhausted at this moment--maybe it will help me sleep well tonight!!! I am not worried about surgery and not really feeling anxious. I am not looking forward to the pain and recovering from surgery but....what can I say. I've had several people call today telling me that they are praying and thinking about me plus encouraging notes so that is neat to know that I am covered in prayer!!! I made several verse cards and I put them all around the house so I've been mediatating on these verses all day. I know that God is with me and I am just trusting Him to get me through all of this. Thanks to all of you who are praying. I treasure those prayers!!!

Isaish 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever for the Lord, the Lord is my Rock eternal.

No comments: