Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back and hip pain

Matthew 6:8 .... your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

God is so good. I have scoliosis (curvature of the spine) which means I experience back and hip pain at times. I visit the chiropracter to help alleviate the pain which usually helps. I had an appointment to see the chiropracter the day I was diagnosed with breast cancer. In fact, the minute I walked out the door with that diagnosis reeling in my mind, I should have been at the chiropracter so I immediately called and canceled and told them that I had cancer. They were the first ones to really know that I had cancer. I've not been back yet. I kept thinking that I should make an appointment before surgery for usually my hip and back pain worsens when I sit or lie down a lot. But I wasn't hurting much so just kept postponing it. Then the weekend before surgery, I started hurting and wishing I had seen the chiropracter. Well, I didn't even think about praying for it for I was praying more for the surgery and healing from cancer, etc. But God is so good for He knew what I needed and that was to be relieved from pain from the hip and back problems. I didn't notice it at first but a few days after surgery and since then, I realized that I've not had any back nor hip pain since surgery!!!! Isn't that amazing. God meets our needs even when we don't ask. Thank you, God!!!! Of course, God wants us to ask but I'm so thankful that He knows my needs better than I know and is so willing to meet those needs. Sometimes our minds are so consumed on other things that we forget about some other need that we have too. Tomorrow I see the radiation onocologist so I need to sit down and do some reading so I can be sure to understand what he is telling me plus I can know what kinds of questions to ask. Continue to pray as these doctors plan out my treatments for me. I am praying that this will be the only bout with cancer and that it doesn't come back. Thanks for your prayers.

Isaiah 12:4 Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done , and proclaim that His name is exalted.

3 comments:

MAAM said...

Wow Kelly that is great. I missed your email about your blog. I was looking for another message from you and found it in my inbox. I've got you bookmarked now so I can keep up with you. :D

Anonymous said...

Yes, Our Father is sooooo good! Always taking care of us and saving us from our own selves. I am praying that the Doctors will be led by Yahweh in setting up a treatment plan and the best way to go about this whole thing. Yvonne

Kelly said...

Yvonne, thank you so much for your encouraging words and following my blog. I've noticed that you have commented other times and I do appreciate that. Have a great day!!