Sunday, April 5, 2009

Waiting Period.......

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

I hate waiting...don't you? But in life, there are times when we have to wait and waiting can be a good thing. As I wait for surgery, I am preparing myself physically, mentally, and spiritually. I have been keeping busy getting things ready such as gardening, making meals & freezing some for my family to cook after I have surgery, grading and filing school papers, making lesson plans, and cleaning house. I've done some shopping to buy comfortable clothes to wear after surgery. The book I'm reading on breast cancer suggests to wear shirts (or PJ's) that button in front. I don't really like wearing clothes like that nor did I have any PJ's that button in front (except one heavy kind for cold winter weather) so off to the stores I went. I still would like find a shirt (did find PJ's) so I plan to shop this evening. I've been reading the Bible quite a bit and looking for verses to help me out during this time. And just spending time with my family to let them know that I love them. I really feel pretty good most of the time, so it's hard to really believe I have cancer. Sometimes I have some pain (like a burning sensation) where the tumor is and that reminds me that yes, I do have cancer. But I know that God is with me and will heal me!!! So, in the meantime, I just wait on Him!!! I sing praise songs, pray, and just talk to Him all day long!!! When doubts and worrisome thoughts creep into my mind, I immediately get rid of them and God is right there to blot it out!!! Praise God for His loving kindness. I know that all of your prayers are uplifting me and carrying me through. Thanks to all!!!!

Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering. Mark 5:34

No comments: