Saturday, April 18, 2009

Post op day 4

Jeremiah 31:13 I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Some of you are wondering how I am doing. Actually, I'm doing better than I expected. I really don't have much pain but I know it's there. The numbness under my arm is still there and has spread to my chest area where my incision is located. Not sure why it has spread. You are probably wondering where is my incision. I have a 4 inch one on my left chest area in the upper breast area like where 10 o'clock would be down toward 4 o'clock. That means I couldn't wear low cut shirts but that's okay. I have a 2 inch one under my arm on the chest wall. (That might not have helped but I don't know how else to really describe to you where it's located.) I did have a bad headache yesterday but found out that Excedren would take care of it. I rarely have headaches, could have been caused by the way I was holding my head, etc. Anyway, no headaches today. I finally slept in my bed last night-have been sleeping in the recliner chair in the living room. Believe it or not, Larry took me grocery shopping yesterday. Wasn't ready to relinquish that job for I actually like to grocery shop. He pushed the basket for me and I did have him and the boys put up all the groceries for I was tired by the time we got home. Today my mom took me to Sam's to finish my shopping. I usually go to Wal-mart and Sam's on the same day but knew that was too much yesterday. The main problem I have today is not wanting to eat much and when I do, it seems to give me heartburn. No problem with that yesterday. Emotionally, I'm doing fine-just wishing I knew what kind of chemo I'm going to have. I've been reading up on chemo and the side effects and little tidbit hints on how to combat some of the problems. Been thinking about what to do if i lose my hair--it's so long.....decided that I would want a wig. I'm not a hat person and don't think I could go around bald. lol. My boys informed me that they would not shave their heads for me but that's okay--Iwould never have asked them anyway. They do like their longish hair. lol. I've been enjoying visits with friends & family in person and via phone. My husband set up skype on my computer so I can talk to anyone long distance without having to go outside (my cell phone doesn't work inside the house). He's planning on buying me a laptop computer too--so sweet. I have been reminded all day the wonderful blessings God has given me especially through my family and friends and His love!!!! My sister sent me a care package with lots of DVD's to watch and some cancer booklets--one is a devotional for cancer patients and their families. We will read it together as a family. Thanks Sis!!! My mom came yesterday and spent the night and left today. She's been wonderful!! I am blessed.

Isaiah 12:6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.

No comments: