Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doctor's post-op visit

Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation.

Today I went to see the surgeon for my post-op visit. He took out the staples under my arm which now feels some better for they were irritating me. He gave me some exercises to do with my left arm so that I won't lose full range of motion. I hate to stretch it much for it hurts but I must do this to help me in the long run. I have steri-strips over my chest incision and they are to stay on for another week. They are itching.... I asked about the numbness in my chest area and he said that there were probably nerves near that intramammary lymph node so probably got nicked and could be permanent. Yuck.... Also, the numbness under my arm too. I tried to shave some under my arm but couldn't get my arm high enough plus couldn't feel the razor due to the numbness....better wait a bit. lol. Need a mirror or something. lol The big news is that they received the pathology report back from Mayo clinic today. The pathologists there have decided that I do not have the rare from of breast cancer, medullary, but that I have the common form called ductal cancer. Actually I have Nottingham grade 3 infiltrating ductal carcinoma. Now, I need to do some research on that. The surgeon thinks it's a stage 3 instead of a stage 2 but will find out for sure when I see the onocologist. Speaking of the onocologist... the dr. told me after surgery that when I come to see him that his nurse will have appointments set up for me to see both onocologists (one for chemo and the other for radiation) but she didn't have that ready after all. She said she put it in the computer today and won't know anything until probably Friday. Duh, whatever happened with picking up the phone and calling for an appointment!!! That was so frustrating to me for I am wanting to know when I'm going to see these doctors so I can find out when I'm going to have this chemo, etc. I'm not being very patient at the moment for it's hard to think about summer plans, etc, when I don't know what is to happen. I have kids trying to make plans but I can't say for sure..... Oh, Lord, calm me down..... I will know soon enough in God's timing so I must wait. Don't you hate waiting? I do. :) But wait we must.....Thanks for everyone praying for me and reading my blog. Love you all.

Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

No comments: