Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feeling better, time for books, and wigs......

Isaiah 58:8 Your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you: the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

I woke up feeling better with just a tad bit of lung pain and then by mid-morning, no lung pain. Praise God!!! My incision hurts a little and every morning, my arm feels stiff so I have to do the arm exercises to limber up before I shower. I want to use my arm so I make myself wash my hair, etc. I have a tendency not to want to use that left arm. It gets better each day. I went and sold homeschool books at a used book fair which tired me out but I enjoyed getting to see so many who have been praying and following my blog--thanks to you all. It is so nice to know that people do care. We are all so busy and I know myself that I've not always been available to others or let them know I really am praying and do care too. I understand.....
I went to the library the other day and checked out 3 books on breast cancer. One is called "Fighting for our Future---How Young Women find Strength, Hope and Courage while taking Control of Breast Cancer" and is really for younger women and written by using interviews from other women on infomation on cancer. Looks like it has lots of helpful tips. Another one is called "The Feisty Woman's Breast Cancer Book" by Elaine Ratner. It is a down-to-earth guidance from a woman who survived breast cancer. I liked the title. And the last one is the one I'm reading first. It is called "The Victoria's Secret Catalog never stops coming and Other lessons I learned about Breast Cancer" by Jennie Nash. It is Jennie's story on her journey through cancer. Just thought I would share these books in case any of you are battling cancer too. I think it helps to hear about other women's experiences as long as we remember each of us are differently made and will experience things differently. I like to hear other's ideas though to give me some hints on maybe what I can do. I am keeping a notebook on different tips for each side effect one may have during chemo so if I have problems, I can try out some of the ideas. Most are so practical and some are funny..... I have a friend today that said we need to have a 'wig' party for me. Sounds fun, doesn't it. I am planning on getting a wig or two so I can wash and fix one wig while wearing the other one. Should I try out red? One with blue streaks? lol. No, I think I will stick with blonde. Have a great day.

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine.....

No comments: